The crèche offers a service to 25 children from 3 months to 5 years. We use High Scope, Aistear and Siolta as a framework to ensure the best possible outcomes for the children. By this we mean that the emphasis of our work is to support the children at their current developmental level in a setting where they have opportunities to choose materials and ideas within their play. Staff working with the children see themselves as facilitators to the children’s play.
How we take care of your child
- Give each child the opportunity for all-round development.
- Monitor each child’s progress.
- Organise indoor and outdoor activities to expand and enrich children’s interests
- Build children’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Support children in finding their own ways to solve problems
- Help children become aware of cultural diversity in the community, encouraging respect for each other’s values and customs
- Integrate children with special needs, wherever possible.
- Respect each child as an individual, taking into account each child’s needs
- Each child has a key worker
How we work with parents
- keep you informed about the day-to-day running of the crèche
- Help you become involved in your child’s learning and development
- Ensure that our service is in accordance with the latest standards for care and education
- Ensure that our staff are selected, trained and supervised to meet the needs of the children in their care.
- Invite parents to stay and play with their children
- Organise workshops on play
- The child’s key worker meets with the parents
- Parents are invited to join us on outings
- We have a child protection and welfare policy in place
Babies, Toddlers, Preschool
Four separate areas of the crèche are dedicated specifically to serve four different age groups. OurBaby Room provides childcare for children from three months to 2 years; our Toddler Room is specially designed for use by children from 1-2 years; the Pre-School Room is dedicated to children over the age of two.
Meals and Menus
We provide children with breakfast, lunch and tea and these meals are freshly prepared on-site. A sample weekly menu can be found in the main hallway.
Our crèche is open each weekday from 8:15am to 5:30pm.
We recognise that some children may have specific needs that we may not have the skills necessary or the level of expertise for. In such cases we refer to specialist services for additional supports. At all times we work within Children First, National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children.